perjantai 13. tammikuuta 2012

Books

People who know me, know that I love books. I could spend ages in the library and fortunes in a bookstore. I've always loved the stories in the books, the language, the beautiful words, imaginative pictures... But recently I've noticed a love for the paper, the layout, the feel and smell of books too. Online shopping for books will be my ruin and you can imagine m y husband's face when I admit that I've bought yet another book "because the pages felt so nice in my fingers"... One of my more recent cravings are cook books. If only I had time and skill to actually make the foods that these books teach me.

Well, I thought I might as well make some use of this addiction of mine and let you know every now and then if I've found a gem of a book. We'll start by something, that has been open in my kitchen at least every week this winter:


KOTI - ruokaa koko perheelle
Marianne Kiskola




 I just love everything about this book: the photos, the layout, the paper, and naturally, the recipes. Easy, simple, delicious and homely. Comfort food at it's best!

And since I started to write about Christmas today, I'll add a favourite of the whole family for next November when all the moms are thinking about, what kind of calendar to get this December:


Neposen joulu
Anu Tuomi-Nikula (author) - Nadja Sarell (illustrations)




Funny, beautiful language, in a way traditional (In a "Pikku Kakkonen kind of way") but still fresh and unconventional. We read this twice now and I'm sure there's many more to come.  

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti