maanantai 21. marraskuuta 2011

Would you eat with the Furniture Beetle?


My husband says that I have something called "activity cell" which makes me volunteer and sign up to do all kinds of labouring activities even as I'm stressed out and busy as it is. This time I ended up participating in the Restaurant Day and opened a pop up lunch café for one day.

TupaJumi (= furniture beetle but also "Cottage Stuck" meaning you can pause at our home from your busy life for a moment) opened its doors at noon and served the hungry crowd (?!) for three hours.


Menu
Bubbling Currant Drink
Velvety Beetroot Soup with a Touch of Blue Cheese Turnip Chips with Herbs Carrot Scones
Blueberry pie with Home Made Vanilla Ice Cream


The idea with the whole menu was that all the ingredients were organic and grown as close as possible. I think we managed this goal pretty well; to the point that the herbs and currants were from our own back yards. I even managed to get some unprocessed milk from an organic food store in Lahti.

The food was praised and an old gentleman of our clientel even gave us five Michelin stars (because he had just changed into winter Michelin tires). But more about the event itself in the next post! Nighty night, don't let the furniture beetle bite.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti